I created Kate Hoerner Fitness to help busy women gain confidence and feel empowered through exercise and healthy lifestyle choices.
Achieving a #TripleThreatLifestyle requires a balance of proper nutrition, adequate fitness, and a healthy mindset.
Eating “right” is a struggle for most people. It is a total mental game that a lot of us will never completely figure out. After years of trying different diets from Weight Watchers, to the Whole30, to Beachbody, I’ve finally figured out what works for me, and I want to help you all find out what works for you.
I’ll do this by sharing the tools a tricks that I discovered on my own food journey. For example, one of my mantras is #NoPillsNoPowders because I believe that we get healthy by eating REAL food, not the chemicals and crap that come in supplements and protein powders.
When it comes to exercise, a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to mean hours at the gym lifting weights. I can help you get the body that you want with #WOA (WorkOut Anywhere) workouts using only your bodyweight or a set of dumbbells. You can do these workouts in the comfort of your own home, yout backyard, a hotel…anywhere you want.
I also strive to teach women the benefits and importance of strength training. If you are a cardio junkie like I used to be, you are missing out on so much! I used to think that running for hours was the only way to lose/maintain my weight. I ran lots of races and a few marathons, but I never picked up a dumbbell until college.
After just a few weeks of trying some easy strength training, I saw definition in my body that I never had before. Now I only #SweatWithStrength, and I’ve never looked back. If you’re sitting there thinking cardio is the only way, let’s talk.
Here are a few personal nuggets about me:
- I am a 27-year-old Bostonian with food and fitness on the mind at all times.
- I’m a certified personal trainer with the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- I love long walks on the…well, pretty much wherever. Give me 30 minutes to an hour of free time and you’ll find me walking around listening to a podcast.
- I am an indoor cycling instructor at my local YMCA and I love teaching my crew
- I’m an early bird. I have the most energy and I’m most productive in the mornings around 5-10am.
- I love brunch. Give me eggs in any form and I’m happy.
- My favorite foods are GIANT salads, sandwiches filled with tons of yummy stuff, and pizza.
- Iced coffee (with a straw, always) is a must, even when it’s snowing outside
- I love to travel with my hubs, especially road trips in new countries.
- I love setting new goals for myself- fitness, health, career, and even character goals.
- I love a hard, short, workout that gets me out of breath and drenched in sweat.
- I like cooking and baking. Sometimes I experiment and it doesn’t work so well, but it’s always fun to try new things. I believe REAL food is the best way to get the nutrients we need- no need for powders or supplements.
- I’m terrified of spiders.
- I can’t sit still. I always need to be doing something. My husband will tell you that I’m the worst person to watch movies or TV with because I do other things while I watch and every 5 minutes I ask “Wait, so what happened?”
- I’m excited to share my journey with you!
If you have any questions or struggles that you would like me to address, shoot me an email at email@example.com. If you don’t have any specific questions, but want to stay in the loop when I share tools, insights, and freebies, join my email list.