Some days we just lose it. We lose the energy to work for the things that we usually spend so much time fussing over. We forget why these things matter.
This is totally normal, so start by reminding yourself of that…Then let’s work to get out of it.
When you find yourself in a slump, here’s what to do:
1. Tell yourself (as Little Gram used to say) “this too shall pass”
2. Think about how you feel when you’re productive and focused. Getting back to work and into healthy habits helps us feel strong, confident, and energized.
3. The slump usually starts because our routines get thrown out of whack somehow (traveling, illness, etc.). Remind yourself that once you return to consistency, you will be happier and more productive in other areas of life.
4. Take a break. Sometimes we need to rest. It’s hard to make ourselves slow down, but it’s absolutely necessary once in awhile.
5. Enlist a friend. Most things are way more fun to do when you have a friend to do them with. It gives you a chance to relax and catch up while putting your stresses aside.
6. Do the same thing differently. If you can’t motivate yourself to do what you usually do, try to accomplish the same thing in a different way. Changing things up a little bit can make a big difference.