I can eat as much fruit as I want because it’s healthy, right?
Not so fast. Everything in moderation- even fruit.
What are the pros?
- Fruit is delicious!
- Fruit is a healthier way to satisfy a sweet tooth (vs. cookies, candy, etc.)
- Fruit is high in nutrients (vitamins and antioxidants)
- Most fruit is high in fiber, which makes you feel full/satisfied and helps you poo!
What are the cons?
- Fruit typically has a decent amount of sugar…that delicious flavor has to come from somewhere…Some fruits have more than others
- Fruit can be expensive if you don’t live in warm climate (A Boston Winter can set me back $10 for two small pints of strawberries)
- It’s easy to overindulge on fruit. One piece of fruit may equate to multiple servings.
So what’s the right way to eat fruit?
The USDA recommends 1.5-2 cups of fruit per day. To give you an idea of what that looks like, here are a few examples of the fruit I’ve had over the past couple of days…
So enjoy your fruit, but keep an eye on those serving sizes 🍉🍎🍒🍌🍏🍑🍐🍊🍓🍍🥝👏🏻😋
Want more health tips, recipes, workouts, insights and freebies? Sign up for my email list to get exclusive content that isn’t on the blog.