I can eat as much fruit as I want because it’s healthy, right?
Not so fast. Everything in moderation- even fruit.
What are the pros?
- Fruit is delicious!
- Fruit is a healthier way to satisfy a sweet tooth (vs. cookies, candy, etc.)
- Fruit is high in nutrients (vitamins and antioxidants)
- Most fruit is high in fiber, which makes you feel full/satisfied and helps you poo!
What are the cons?
- Fruit typically has a decent amount of sugar…that delicious flavor has to come from somewhere…Some fruits have more than others
- Fruit can be expensive if you don’t live in warm climate (A Boston Winter can set me back $10 for two small pints of strawberries)
- It’s easy to overindulge on fruit. One piece of fruit may equate to multiple servings.
So what’s the right way to eat fruit?
The USDA recommends 1.5-2 cups of fruit per day. To give you an idea of what that looks like, here are a few examples of the fruit I’ve had over the past couple of days…
So enjoy your fruit, but keep an eye on those serving sizes ??????????????
Want more health tips, recipes, workouts, insights and freebies? Sign up for my email list to get exclusive content that isn’t on the blog.