So glad you're here!
Years ago, I struggled hardcore with finding a healthy balance in my life.
I started dieting at 13, which triggered disordered eating and a terrible relationship with food. I also started running marathons at 15, which led to an unhealthy obsession with cardio and exercise. I was constantly thinking about my body, my weight, my minutes on the treadmill, my calorie intake...you get the idea.
Ironically, I was so consumed with what I thought were healthy goals that my lifestyle became extremely unhealthy.
Over time, as I started to work on my mindset and figure out who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do with my life, a healthy lifestyle manifested itself. Now, when I feel myself inching back towards obsessive exercise or eating habits, I know exactly what to do to prevent an unhealthy lifestyle from taking over.
Getting the mind right is ALWAYS the first step, and the rest is an accumulation of simple practices and habits. Things don't have to be so complicated. In fact, the healthiest lifestyles are usually the most simple.
Once I realized this and figured out how to put it into practice, I knew I needed to share it.
I created Kate Hoerner Fitness to help women weed through the chaos and stress of their busy lives by creating a healthy lifestyle that allows them to pursue their wildest dreams.
I use fitness and nutrition to help my women gain confidence and feel empowered as they build unique healthy lifestyles that suit their needs. I believe that achieving a #TripleThreatLifestyle requires a balance of proper nutrition, efficient exercise, and a healthy mindset, and once this lifestyle is in place you will feel invincible.
One of my mantras is #NoPillsNoPowders because I believe that we don't get healthy by ingesting protein bars/powders and workout supplements. We get healthy by prioritizing REAL food over refined and processed crap. If you want to eat bars and shakes for every meal, then I am not your girl.
When it comes to exercise, a healthy lifestyle doesn't have to mean hours at the gym lifting weights. I can help you get healthy and fit with less than 30 minutes of efficient exercise using minimal equipment, if any (#WorkOutAnywhere). These are the only workouts I do now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I also strive to teach women the benefits and importance of strength training. If you are a cardio junkie like I used to be, you are missing out on so much! I used to think that running for hours was the only way to lose-or even maintain- my weight. I ran tons of races but never picked up a dumbbell until college. And guess what? I never got the body that I wanted until I walked into that weight room. After just a few weeks of strength training, I saw definition in my body that I never had before. Now I only #SweatWithStrength, and I've never looked back. If you're sitting there thinking cardio is the only way, let's talk.
If my story resonated with you and you're looking for a little help in building a healthy lifestyle, I would love to work with you. Check out my options for coaching, or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
Here are a few more personal nuggets about me:
- I live just outside of Boston with my husband, Joe, and my pup, Coogee.
- I either have food or fitness on the mind at all times. Usually food.
- I love long walks on the...well, pretty much wherever. Give me 30 minutes to an hour of free time and you'll find me walking around listening to a podcast.
- I'm a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, and I truly love having the opportunity to motivate and challenge my clients to reach their fitness goals.
- I'm an early bird. I have the most energy and I'm most productive in the mornings around 5-10am.
- I have nutrition certifications through both Precision Nutrition and Metabolic Effect (nutrition fascinates me, and it's SUPER complicated so I'm always looking to learn more)
- I love brunch. Give me eggs in any form and I'm happy.
- If I have spare time in my day, you'll always find me going for a long walk with my pup (Coogee) and a good podcast
- My favorite foods are GIANT salads, sandwiches filled with tons of yummy stuff, and ice cream.
- Iced coffee (with a straw) is a must, even when it's snowing outside
- I love to travel with my hubs, especially road trips in new countries.
- I love setting new goals for myself- fitness, health, career, and even character goals.
- I love a hard, short, workout that gets me out of breath and drenched in sweat.
- I like cooking and baking. Sometimes I experiment and it doesn’t work so well, but it’s always fun to try new things. I believe REAL food is the best way to get the nutrients we need- no need for powders or supplements.
- I'm terrified of spiders.
- I can't sit still. I always need to be doing something. My husband will tell you that I'm the worst person to watch movies or TV with because I do other things while I watch and every 5 minutes I ask "Wait, so what happened?"
- I’m excited to share my journey with you!
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Spinning® Instructor
- Precision Nutrition Certified Coach
- Metabolic Effect Nutrition Consultant
- BS and MBA from Boston College
If you have any questions or struggles that you would like me to address, shoot me an email at email@example.com. If you don't have any specific questions, but want to stay in the loop when I share tools, insights, and freebies, join my email list.