Exercising when traveling can be tough.
Regardless of whether you’re on a relaxing beach vacation, or you’re living out of a suitcase traveling for work, you might have trouble finding a convenient way to exercise.
I used to just run every day when I was traveling because that was the easiest option, but that got old after a few days. Plus, weather isn’t always conducive to running (rain, heat/humidity, cold, snow, etc).
So instead, I started bringing my equipment with me…
My #1 piece of travel equipment is….
My trusty jump rope!
There are a ton of benefits to jumping rope, to list a few:
- It’s an awesome workout and it can be done in a really small amount of space
- It burns as many calories as jogging (even more if done intensely)
- It strengthens the calf muscles and increases the elasticity and resiliency of the tendons and fascia in the lower-leg muscles
- It improves coordination and rhythm (super helpful for a klutz like me…)
- It increases bone density
- It builds agility and speed
- It’s an affordable piece of equipment to buy
- It’s portable and easy to squeeze in a suitcase
I definitely recommend investing in a good jump rope if you need a new travel exercise option, or even if you just want to mix up your workouts at home!
Ready to give it a go?
Click here for one of my favorite jump rope workouts!
Are you on my email list yet? You can join here!