This recipe is low carb, healthy, and seriously amazing!
1 medium spaghetti squash
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of broccoli florets (bite-sized)
1 cup of shaved Brussels sprouts
4 slices of turkey bacon
3-4oz of crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub the meaty part of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash face down on a tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake the squash for 30-40 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. (Cooking time will vary depending on squash size).
- While squash cooks, you can work on the filling. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and add the broccoli. Cook over medium heat for three minutes, then add the Brussels sprout shavings. Cook another 1-2 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Chop bacon into small pieces and add to the skillet. Fry the bacon on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until it starts to get crispy.
- Remove bacon from the heat and add the the greens.
- Add feta to the filling and mix.
- Once squash is done, remove it from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Once it’s cooled, use a forked to pull the “spaghetti” from the shell.
- Add the spaghetti squash to the filling mixture, and stir everything together.
- Add the mixture back to the shell, and bake the squash for another 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Want more healthy recipes, workouts, insights and freebies? Sign up for my email list to get exclusive content that isn’t on the blog.